Sun, Dec
0 New Articles

What reports must the master of a UK ship make following a berthing accident at a port outside the UK in which both the ship and the quay are seriously damaged?

MCA Oral Exam Questions

The master should report the accident to: the port State Administration;

the harbour master or berth operator; the ship owners or managers; the time charterer, if any; the P&I club correspondent; the certifying authority for the Cargo Ship Safety Construction Certificate, Passenger Ship Safety Certificate or Passenger Certificate (whichever is applicable); and the MAIB. The ship owners or managers will normally contact the classification society. Under The Merchant Shipping (Accident Reporting and Investigation) Regulations 2012 the MAIB must be notified because there has been a marine casualty involving: (1) material damage to the ship; and (2) material damage to marine infrastructure external of a ship that could seriously endanger the safety of the ship, another ship or any individual.



SPONSORED: Amber For Sale - Loose Amber, Amber Gemstones on Sale -  https://ambersale.com 

Do you like Natural Baltic Amber?